This small 2 bedroom cottage can accommodate up to 4 guests and comprises of a living/dining room, Kitchenette, shower room, double bedroom and a smaller bedroom with bunk beds.
The cottage was recently renovated with full central heating throughout making it warm, cosy and an ideal retreat surrounded by lochs, sea and hills.
There are 2 bedrooms (one of which is small).
Each comes equipped with a wardrobe and dresser unit. The bedrooms have central heating.
The accommodation comes equipped with....
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 50/50 fridge/freezer
- T.V with freeview digital reception.
- DVD player
- Microwave, kettle & toaster
- 4 plate electric cooker
- Iron & ironing board
- Bed linen and towels provided free of charge
- Central heating is by an electric boiler with radiators in all rooms and hot water by electric immersion heater.
- Please note there is limited mobile phone reception in Calbost.
- Free Wi-Fi
- There will be a complinetary basket with some logs and kindling for your first evening, should you wish to use the open fire. More can be purchased from Ravenspoint and most fuel stations.
"We were very surprised about the lovely and well equipped cottage. We had a very nice week, caught 3 trout, saw a dolphin had dinner outside (because it was so hot!!!) and enjoyed the nature from Lewis and Harris by sunshine looking forward to seeing you again in this wonderful situated and cosy cottage." (Germany)
- All Shops, except one in Stornoway, will be closed on Sundays.
- We suggest you do your main grocery shopping at either Stornoway or Tarbert.
- At Ravenspoint, 8 miles from Calbost in the village of Kershader is a small, well-stocked shop, petrol station and cafe. In the small village of Maravig (next to Calbost) is a small post office, open 10am - 4pm Mondays.
- There is a doctors surgery in Gravir - the village next to Calbost. Phone: 01851 880272
- We welcome dogs but request guests bring their own dog bedding and are to be kept on leads when outside as sheep are kept on the surrounding crofts. PLEASE close all gates as you pass through.
- There is a bar and restaurant approx. 15 miles from Calbost at the Loch Erisort Inn. Phone: 01851 830473 http://www.locherisortinn.co.uk
- A public bus can be requested by 8pm evening before for morning journeys, otherwise 3 hours before (Except on Sundays). Call 01851 830403 to book. Click to view timetable
- Stornoway Bus Station: 01851 704327
The white pebble beach (shown above) is a brisk 10 minute walk from the cottage along the sheep trodden path through the croft then onto the common grazing and along the side of a coastal hill (shown above - looks more adventurous than it actually is) then finally down the sloping hill and onto the shore.
Find yourself relaxing with a fishing rod in hand and a barbecue sitting on the rocks, and keep a lookout for the Basking Sharks, Otters, Seals and Dolphins in this beautiful natural bay.